What are the 2019 Ford F-550 Specs?
The 2019 Ford F-550 Cab Chassis truck is part of the Ford Super Duty family, which also features the F-350 and F-450. The new F-550 rests at the top of the lineup with two herculean engines, a series of fully loaded packages, and three cab options. Needless to say, if you’re searching for a work truck that can truly do it all, you’d be hard-pressed to find a better choice than the F-550. Explore the Ford F-550 specs below to learn about what they can do for you and your business!
Whether you’re looking for a tried-and-true gas-powered V10 engine or turbo-diesel power with a high torque output, the 2019 Ford F-550 has you covered. It offers a choice of two powerful engines:
- 6.8L Triton® V10: Standard on the Super Duty® XL and XLT F-550 chassis cabs, this capable engine produces 288 hp and 424 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo-Diesel: This engine is standard on the Lariat and optional for all other F-550 models. It produces up to 330 hp and a staggering 750 lb-ft of torque.
Both engines come connected to a TorqShift® six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission for smooth gear changes on Chicago roads.
Towing and Payload
The 2019 Ford F-550 specs prove it to be a towing and hauling machine. It has a GVWR of up to 19,500 pounds. Equipped with the V10 engine, a dual-rear-wheel axle, and 4×2, the Ford F-550 has a maximum payload capacity of 12,730. Its towing capacity is equally impressive. With the standard V10, the F-550 has a maximum conventional towing capacity of 20,600 pounds with fifth-wheel towing and 18,500 pounds without.
What about the F-550 Lariat? When paired with the V8 turbo-diesel engine, towing capacities for this model are even higher. The Power Stroke® engine elevates the F-550 towing capacity to a maximum of 31,800 pounds with fifth-wheel towing. For smarter and safer towing, the F-550 also includes the following features:
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®): This system also includes trailer stability control and uses gyroscopic sensors to intelligently reduce engine power and brake wheels selectively, so stability is enhanced even with a trailer in tow.
- Towing Packages: The F-550 can be equipped with a variety of optional packages for improved performance, including the Trailer Tow Package and High-Capacity Trailer Tow Package. If you do a lot of hauling, there are also packages that enhance the strength of the truck’s suspension, such as the Heavy Service Front Suspension Package.
Packages and Upfitting Options
Speaking of packages, there are innumerable ways to customize the Ford F-550. It’s one of the industry’s most versatile commercial trucks. Here are just a few options for personalizing and upfitting your new F-550:
- XL Value Package — includes a 4.2-inch center stack screen, Ford SYNC™, a chrome front bumper, and more.
- XL Decor Group — installs bright chrome hub covers with center ornaments and a chrome front bumper for more distinctive style.
- Power Equipment Group — includes an anti-theft system, power locks and windows, power trailer-tow mirrors with heated glass, and more.
- CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package — is available with the V10 engine and provides bi-fuel capability.
- Ford Telematics™ and Ford Data Services™ — allows managers to monitor their fleets and receive real-time information on oil life, seatbelt use, GPS location, speed, harsh braking, and excessive idling.
Interior Space and Features
The cab is available in three styles: Regular Cab, SuperCab, and Crew Cab. If you choose the Regular Cab, you can expect the following interior dimensions:
- Headroom: 40.8 inches
- Shoulder Room: 66.7 inches
- Hip Room: 62.8 inches
- Legroom: 43.9 inches
Standard features for the Ford F-550 include a 2.3-inch Productivity Screen, Upfitter Switches, and a four-speaker sound system. Options like SYNC® Basic, SiriusXM® Radio, a Remote Start System, and a six-speaker sound system are available on the base-level F-550 XL and above.
Test Drive the Ford F-550 Today at Badger Truck & Auto Group!
Ready to put the 2019 Ford F-550 to the test? Contact us to learn more about the Ford F-550 specs or to schedule a test drive near Madison and Green Bay. If you’re interested in the Power Stroke® V8 turbo-diesel engine, learn more about diesel vs. gas trucks and their differences! Curious about other Ford models? Why not take a closer look at our 2021 Ford Bronco preview!
More About Ford Trucks
The latest Ford Transit Connect just might be your cargo or passenger transport solution, but what can you expect from the 2021 Ford Transit Connect Interior? All configurations — including both Cargo Van builds as well as the Passenger Wagon body style — offer a wide range of useful, dependable interior features. What’s more, with…
If you’re gearing up to conquer life’s most difficult challenges, you’re definitely going to take a closer look at the Ford Super Duty. After all, this model is a perennial hit with local drivers year after year! Better still, the 2021 Ford Super Duty’s towing capacity tops out at a staggering 37,000 pounds. In the…
The 2021 Ford F-550 specs have made this model one of the standout options in the market for Chassis Cab trucks — but would you really expect anything less from a Ford? Whether you’re interested in hauling, towing, or taking on some other challenge, you’ll love what this model can do. Take a closer look…