How Much Can a 2019 Ram 1500 Tow?
If you’re shopping for a dependable light-duty pickup, you may be wondering, “How much can a Ram 1500 tow?” Properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. Its towing prowess is reflected in its three separate axle ratios: 3.21:1, 3.55:1, and 3.92:1. With such impressive capabilities, it’s no wonder the new Ram 1500 has a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Compared to the previous model, the 2019 Ram 1500 is more capable and fuel-efficient. Read on to learn more about the Ram 1500 towing capacity and engine options.
2019 Ram 1500 Engines Options and Towing
Chicago drivers can choose from three engines for the Ram 1500. No matter the engine you select, you’ll get the smooth-shifting Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission as standard. Compare the engines’ specs below:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: Generates 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: Generates up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque with a max towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: Generates the same figures shown above, but can tow a maximum of 12,750 pounds.
Payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the configuration.
Intelligent Towing and Hauling Features
The 2019 Ram 1500 is the perfect vehicle for towing and hauling around Madison. Not only is this Ram truck’s ability to tow class-leading, but many of its standard and available features were designed to make towing safer and easier. Here are a few examples:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission, coupled with the eTorque mild hybrid system, helps the Ram 1500 earn an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway rating.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 is equipped with 14.9-inch brakes, so it can stop on a dime even while towing and hauling.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Available for the Ram 1500, this safety system keeps tabs on your blind zone and takes trailer length into account.
Experience the Ram 1500 at Badger Truck & Auto Group in Milwaukee!
Do you have additional questions about the Ram 1500 towing and payload capacities? Contact us online or by phone, or visit us near Madison and Green Bay for a test drive. We’ll answer any questions you may have about the Ram 1500 vs. Ford F-150 or 2019 Ram 2500, leasing vs. financing, or the right vehicle for your business. Are you shopping for something with more towing power? Learn more about the 2019 Ram 2500 towing capacity!
More From Badger Truck & Auto Group
Ford trucks have been popular among Chicago-area drivers for generations — and with good reason. They are durable, powerful, and resilient, but will your choice have enough power to conquer to-dos at home or on the job site? What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150, anyway? It’s no secret: The 2021 Ford F-150’s…
The 2021 Ford Bronco’s towing capacity always tops out at 3,500 pounds, no matter which of its two engines you select to fuel your Green Bay adventures. If you’d like to experience this model’s towing capabilities for yourself, you’ll need to opt for the Ford Bronco tow package — the Class II Trailer Tow Package —…
How much can a 2021 RAM 1500 tow, and what is the max RAM 1500 payload? With the right equipment, you can get the 2021 RAM 1500’s towing capacity up to 12,750 pounds and haul a payload of up to 2,320 pounds. You’ll need the roaring V8 engine with eTorque to access these impressive specs, but…
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup