How Much Can a 2019 Ram 1500 Tow?
If you’re shopping for a dependable light-duty pickup, you may be wondering, “How much can a Ram 1500 tow?” Properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. Its towing prowess is reflected in its three separate axle ratios: 3.21:1, 3.55:1, and 3.92:1. With such impressive capabilities, it’s no wonder the new Ram 1500 has a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Compared to the previous model, the 2019 Ram 1500 is more capable and fuel-efficient. Read on to learn more about the Ram 1500 towing capacity and engine options.
2019 Ram 1500 Engines Options and Towing
Chicago drivers can choose from three engines for the Ram 1500. No matter the engine you select, you’ll get the smooth-shifting Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission as standard. Compare the engines’ specs below:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: Generates 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: Generates up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque with a max towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: Generates the same figures shown above, but can tow a maximum of 12,750 pounds.
Payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the configuration.
Intelligent Towing and Hauling Features
The 2019 Ram 1500 is the perfect vehicle for towing and hauling around Madison. Not only is this Ram truck’s ability to tow class-leading, but many of its standard and available features were designed to make towing safer and easier. Here are a few examples:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission, coupled with the eTorque mild hybrid system, helps the Ram 1500 earn an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway rating.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 is equipped with 14.9-inch brakes, so it can stop on a dime even while towing and hauling.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Available for the Ram 1500, this safety system keeps tabs on your blind zone and takes trailer length into account.
Experience the Ram 1500 at Badger Truck & Auto Group in Milwaukee!
Do you have additional questions about the Ram 1500 towing and payload capacities? Contact us online or by phone, or visit us near Madison and Green Bay for a test drive. We’ll answer any questions you may have about the Ram 1500 vs. Ford F-150 or 2019 Ram 2500, leasing vs. financing, or the right vehicle for your business. Are you shopping for something with more towing power? Learn more about the 2019 Ram 2500 towing capacity!
More From Badger Truck & Auto Group
The latest Ford Transit Connect just might be your cargo or passenger transport solution, but what can you expect from the 2021 Ford Transit Connect Interior? All configurations — including both Cargo Van builds as well as the Passenger Wagon body style — offer a wide range of useful, dependable interior features. What’s more, with…
The 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD towing capacity comes in at 18,500 pounds, while the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD towing capacity tops out at 36,000 pounds. Of course, this isn’t all you should know if you’re getting ready to configure a heavy-duty Chevrolet truck of your own. We’ve detailed each of the Silverado HD engines and…
If you’re gearing up to conquer life’s most difficult challenges, you’re definitely going to take a closer look at the Ford Super Duty. After all, this model is a perennial hit with local drivers year after year! Better still, the 2021 Ford Super Duty’s towing capacity tops out at a staggering 37,000 pounds. In the…
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup