How Much Can a 2019 Ram 1500 Tow?
If you’re shopping for a dependable light-duty pickup, you may be wondering, “How much can a Ram 1500 tow?” Properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds. Its towing prowess is reflected in its three separate axle ratios: 3.21:1, 3.55:1, and 3.92:1. With such impressive capabilities, it’s no wonder the new Ram 1500 has a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Compared to the previous model, the 2019 Ram 1500 is more capable and fuel-efficient. Read on to learn more about the Ram 1500 towing capacity and engine options.
2019 Ram 1500 Engines Options and Towing
Chicago drivers can choose from three engines for the Ram 1500. No matter the engine you select, you’ll get the smooth-shifting Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission as standard. Compare the engines’ specs below:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: Generates 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque with a maximum towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: Generates up to 395 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque with a max towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: Generates the same figures shown above, but can tow a maximum of 12,750 pounds.
Payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds, depending on the configuration.
Intelligent Towing and Hauling Features
The 2019 Ram 1500 is the perfect vehicle for towing and hauling around Madison. Not only is this Ram truck’s ability to tow class-leading, but many of its standard and available features were designed to make towing safer and easier. Here are a few examples:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission, coupled with the eTorque mild hybrid system, helps the Ram 1500 earn an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway rating.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 is equipped with 14.9-inch brakes, so it can stop on a dime even while towing and hauling.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: Available for the Ram 1500, this safety system keeps tabs on your blind zone and takes trailer length into account.
Experience the Ram 1500 at Badger Truck & Auto Group in Milwaukee!
Do you have additional questions about the Ram 1500 towing and payload capacities? Contact us online or by phone, or visit us near Madison and Green Bay for a test drive. We’ll answer any questions you may have about the Ram 1500 vs. Ford F-150 or 2019 Ram 2500, leasing vs. financing, or the right vehicle for your business. Are you shopping for something with more towing power? Learn more about the 2019 Ram 2500 towing capacity!
More From Badger Truck & Auto Group
As the best-selling low cab forward truck since the 1980s, the Isuzu NPR has always set the standard for the modern commercial truck. Now in 2019, the new Isuzu NPR specs continue a long legacy of excellence with incredible towing chops and state-of-the-art engine power. Whether cruising through Chicago or Madison, you’ll enjoy outstanding visibility…
Badger Chevrolet Buick Leadership Team Accepts 2019 Business of the Year Award at Annual Dinner and Membership Meeting Lake Mills, Wisconsin — November 13, 2019 — Badger Chevrolet Buick, a division of Milwaukee-based Badger Truck & Automotive Group, Inc., has been awarded 2019 Business of the Year by the Lake Mills Chamber of Commerce. Each…
The Ford Super Duty lineup consists of powerhouse models like the F-250, F-350, and F-450. And while you can be sure that these models offer plenty of power and torque to get you through the toughest Chicago jobs, you may be wondering, “What is the 2020 Ford Super Duty towing capacity and what features will…
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup