2020 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity and Payload
You may already know that the 2020 Ford F-150 is yet again a class leader in many of the factors that matter most to the Chicago region’s drivers. Still, it pays to be precise. The 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity tops out at 13,200 pounds, making it the toughest half-ton pickup that you’ll find today.
Every 2020 F-150 Engine’s Towing Capacity
How much can a Ford F-150 tow, exactly? The precise answer will depend on the engine and drivetrain that you select for your Madison and Green Bay job sites.
Trying to find the Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost® towing capacity for 2020? Perhaps you’re comparing the available V8 and diesel engine options. Review each F-150 engine’s towing capacity below:
2020 F-150 Towing by Engine
3.3L Ti-VCT V6
- Towing capacity of up to 7,700 pounds
- Offers 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque
2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- Towing capacity of up to 8,500 pounds
- Offers 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque
5.0L Ti-VCT V8
- Towing capacity of up to 11,600 pounds
- Offers 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque
3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel
- Towing capacity of up to 11,500 pounds
- Offers 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque
High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- Towing capacity of up to 11,500 pounds
- Offers 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque
3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- Towing capacity of up to 13,200 pounds
- Offers 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque
2020 Ford F-150 Payload Capacity
Of course, you won’t need to hook up a trailer every time you want to move heavy cargo. When properly configured, the Ford F-150 can handle a payload of 3,270 pounds. Here’s, we’ve broken down the payload maximum for each available engine:
2020 F-150 Payload by Engine
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6: 2,470 pounds
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6: 1,950 pounds
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: 3,270 pounds
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel V6: 1,940 pounds
- High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: 1,520 pounds
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: 2,950 pounds
Check out our guide to the 2020 F-150’s bed size to learn more.
2020 Ford F-150 Towing Features
Power isn’t the only thing that this new Ford truck is bringing to the table. You’ll also enjoy a wide range of exciting features that can help you tackle your toughest jobs with confidence. These include:
- AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™), which helps to reduce dangerous trailer sway
- Trailer Brake Controller, this standard inclusion automatically synchronizes your trailer brakes with those of your F-150
- Dynamic Hitch Assist, uses line-of-sight glide technology to connect your trailer quickly and easily
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™, which aligns your truck with your trailer when you’re moving in reverse
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with trailer coverage, which makes it easier to change lanes when you’re moving down the highway or turning into a job site.
- 8-inch productivity screen, which provides a direct line of information on your trailer without causing distractions
Think you might need even more power for your daily jobs and adventures? Check out the 2020 Super Duty’s towing specs today.
The 2020 F-150’s Towing Capabilities are Incredible
We know that you’ll love how you feel with the power of the Ford F-150 towing capacity at your command! Start a conversation with our financing team to find out how you could bring home a model of your own, or explore our full new inventory and let us know which model has caught your eye!
Looking for even more power? Compare the 2020 Ford F-150 vs. F-250 today.
Our New F-150 Inventory
More About Ford Models
If you’re gearing up to conquer life’s most difficult challenges, you’re definitely going to take a closer look at the Ford Super Duty. After all, this model is a perennial hit with local drivers year after year! Better still, the 2021 Ford Super Duty’s towing capacity tops out at a staggering 37,000 pounds. In the…
The 2021 Ford F-550 specs have made this model one of the standout options in the market for Chassis Cab trucks — but would you really expect anything less from a Ford? Whether you’re interested in hauling, towing, or taking on some other challenge, you’ll love what this model can do. Take a closer look…
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E is an all-electric SUV unlike any other. And, when you take the time to configure a unique model and choose the perfect 2021 Mustang Mach-E colors, you’ll bring home an efficient, high-performance vehicle that’s 100% your own. We’ve laid out everything you need to know about the paint colors and…