What are the 2020 Ford F-450 Specs?
The 2020 Ford F-450 specs are sure to impress, no matter what your Chicago-area business or non-profit needs to succeed. However, before we can dig deeper into the Ford F-450 truck specs, you should know that the Ford F-450 is available as a traditional pickup truck, or as a chassis cab model. The F-450 pickup is available in six different trim levels, while the F-450 Chassis Cab is offered in three. Now, let’s dive in.
2020 F-450 Body Styles and Engine Options
Ford F-450 Super Duty Pickup Engines
- You’ll receive the 6.7L Powerstroke® V8 Turbo Diesel engine as standard. Regardless of configuration, it delivers 475 horsepower at 2,600 rpm, and 1050 lb-ft of torque at 1,600 rpm.
Ford F-450 Chassis Cab Engines
- With the Ford F-450 Chassis Cab, you’ll have a choice between the standard 7.3L 2V DECVT V8 Gas Engine and a 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel engine which comes standard
- If you do stick with the gas option, you’ll enjoy 350 horsepower and 468 lb-ft of torque. Opt for the diesel build, and you’ll work with 330 hp and 825 lb-ft of torque.
2020 F-450 Towing Capacity and Payload Maximums
Ford F-450 Super Duty Specs: Pickup Configurations
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: No matter which configuration you choose, you’ll enjoy a GVWR of 14,000 pounds.
- Gross Combined Weight Rating: For Ford F-450 pickup truck has a maximum gross combined weight rating of 43,500 pounds. This holds for conventional and gooseneck towing configurations.
- Towing Capacity (Conventional): With a crew cab and the right equipment, your conventional towing capacity tops out at 24,200 pounds.
- Towing Capacity (5th-Wheel/Gooseneck): Attach a gooseneck trailer to push your capacities even higher. When properly equipped, you can pull a maximum of 37,000 pounds.
- Payload Capacity: When you’re looking at the Ford F-450 truck specs, payload is no less important than towing. Properly equipped models can handle a maximum payload of 7,850 pounds.
Ford F-450 Super Duty Specs: Chassis Cab Configurations
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: At maximum, the Ford F-450 Chassis Cab offers a GVWR of up to 16,500 pounds, regardless of engine.
- Gross Combined Weight Rating: The F-450 Chassis Cab has a maximum GCWR of 35,000 pounds with conventional towing, or up to 32,500 pounds with gooseneck towing. (These numbers are achieved with the diesel engine. With the gas engine, your GCWR will top out at 28,000 pounds.)
- Towing Capacity (Conventional): With a conventional trailer, your Chassis Cab Ford F-450 will be able to manage a load of up to 17,500 pounds. This holds for both the diesel and the gas engines.
- Towing Capacity (5th-Wheel/Gooseneck): With the 6.7-liter diesel engine, the Ford F-450 can tow up to 24,100 pounds. Equip the gas option, and your maximum will fall slightly to 20,400 pounds.
- Payload Capacity: Ford F-450 Chassis Cab configurations can handle a maximum payload of 9,850 pounds at maximum, when equipped with 4×2 and a regular cab.
You’ve seen the best 2020 Ford F-450 specs, but if you really want to design and equip the perfect commercial truck or fleet, you’ll want to talk things over with an expert. That’s where our team comes in. Take a closer look at the Ford Super Duty engines that you can find across the lineup, or learn more about the Super Duty towing and payload specs today. While you’re at it, compare the 2020 F-450 vs. F-550 with our team.
Explore the 2020 F-450 Specs With Badger Truck & Auto Group!
It should be plain to see why more and more drivers are falling in love with the Ford F-450 Super Duty specs. We’re prepared to talk you through each and every option when you drive in to check out the Ford Super Duty trucks at Badger Truck & Auto Group, and we’d be happy to show you the Ford Ranger bed dimensions, too. We’re not far from Madison or Green Bay, and we can’t wait to show you our new vehicle specials.
More About Ford Models
The 2020 Ford Super Duty has no trouble standing out on highways and job sites near Madison. However, if you really want a model that reflects your unique style, you’ll need to know the 2020 Ford Super Duty colors and exterior options. For this year, the new Super Duty lineup is offering even more pathways…
The 2020 Ford F-450 specs are sure to impress, no matter what your Chicago-area business or non-profit needs to succeed. However, before we can dig deeper into the Ford F-450 truck specs, you should know that the Ford F-450 is available as a traditional pickup truck, or as a chassis cab model. The F-450 pickup…
Whether you’re a business owner, a non-profit director, or an independent contractor, choosing a new Ford Super Duty truck is a big investment that demands careful research. Before you settle on a model or a trim level, you’ll need to take a careful look at the Ford F-550 horsepower and torque, along with the F-550…