What are the 2020 Ford F-550 Specs?
Whether you’re a business owner, a non-profit director, or an independent contractor, choosing a new Ford Super Duty truck is a big investment that demands careful research. Before you settle on a model or a trim level, you’ll need to take a careful look at the Ford F-550 horsepower and torque, along with the F-550 payload and towing capacities. We’ve put together a clear and simple overview of the 2020 F-550 specs, so you can move forward with confidence.
2020 F-550 Horsepower and Torque: Engine Options
The Ford F-550 horsepower and torque ratings will vary depending on the Super Duty engine that you select for your Chassis cab truck. The F-550 XL, the F-550 XLT, and the F-550 Lariat all offer the same standard 7.3L 2V DECVT V8 Gas Engine, which delivers 350 horsepower and 468 lb-ft of torque at 3900 rpm.
Since diesel trucks can offer so many advantages for the Chicago area’s commercial buyers, we wouldn’t be surprised if you were more interested in the available 6.7L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel engine. It’s optional on all F-550 trim levels, and provides you with 330 horsepower and 825 lb-ft of torque at 1600 rpm.
2020 F-550 Towing Capacity and Payload: Capability
- Ford F-550 GVWR: Regardless of your choice of engine, the Ford F-550 GVWR for 2020 comes in at 19,500 lbs.
- Ford F-550 GCWR: Unlike your Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, your Gross Combined Weight Rating will vary depending on the engine you select and the towing method you employ.
Using the 7.3L gas engine, your GCWR tops out at 28,000 pounds with either conventional or 5th-wheel/gooseneck towing.
Using the 6.7L turbo diesel, your maximum GCWR comes in at 40,000 pounds with conventional towing, or 32,500 pounds with 5th-wheel/gooseneck towing.
- Ford F-550 Towing Capacity (Conventional): With either engine and a conventional towing arrangement, your maximum loaded trailer weight will top out at 18,500 pounds.
- Ford F-550 Towing Capacity (5th Wheel/Gooseneck): Your F-550 Gooseneck/5th-wheel towing capacity will max out at 24,100 pounds, although your choice of cabin and drivetrain will impact your final limits.
- Ford F-550 Payload Capacity: Your maximum payload capacity will vary, based on your model’s GVWR and cab style. In properly-equipped models, the 2020 Ford F-550 payload capacity will max out at 12,750 pounds.
Do you need help figuring out how all these numbers fit together? You’re certainly not alone. The Badger Truck & Auto Group can take you through all the steps of outfitting your ideal commercial vehicle or fleet, and our team is ready to help today!
Explore the Ford F-550 Specs at the Badger Truck & Auto Group!
Now that you’ve had a chance to explore the Ford F-550 horsepower and the rest of the 2020 Ford F-550 specs, we know that you’ll be eager to check out these Ford Super Duty trucks in person. Visit our team at the Badger Truck & Auto Group in Milwaukee, and configure the perfect new F-550 today.
More About Ford Models
The 2020 Ford Super Duty has no trouble standing out on highways and job sites near Madison. However, if you really want a model that reflects your unique style, you’ll need to know the 2020 Ford Super Duty colors and exterior options. For this year, the new Super Duty lineup is offering even more pathways…
The 2020 Ford F-450 specs are sure to impress, no matter what your Chicago-area business or non-profit needs to succeed. However, before we can dig deeper into the Ford F-450 truck specs, you should know that the Ford F-450 is available as a traditional pickup truck, or as a chassis cab model. The F-450 pickup…
Whether you’re a business owner, a non-profit director, or an independent contractor, choosing a new Ford Super Duty truck is a big investment that demands careful research. Before you settle on a model or a trim level, you’ll need to take a careful look at the Ford F-550 horsepower and torque, along with the F-550…