What is the 2021 Ford F-150’s Towing Capacity?
Ford trucks have been popular among Chicago-area drivers for generations — and with good reason. They are durable, powerful, and resilient, but will your choice have enough power to conquer to-dos at home or on the job site? What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150, anyway? It’s no secret: The 2021 Ford F-150’s towing capacity tops out at 14,000 pounds, when properly equipped! No matter where your work or your adventures take you, you’ll be glad to have the F-150 at your side.
2021 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
No matter your driving preferences for the roads, Ford has terrific performance options across the six different powertrain configurations available — including both gas and diesel. Compare the Ford F-150 towing capacity across the entire range below:
3.3L Ti-VCT V6
- 290 hp / 265 lb-ft of torque
- 8,200-pound maximum towing capacity
2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 325 hp / 400 lb-ft of torque
- 10,000-pound maximum towing capacity
5.0L Ti-VCT V8
- 400 hp / 410 lb-ft of torque
- 13,000-pound maximum towing capacity
3.0L Power Stroke® V6 Diesel Engine
- 250 hp / 440 lb-ft of torque
- 12,100-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- 400 hp / 500 lb-ft of torque
- 14,000-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6
- 430 hp / 570 lb-ft of torque
- 12,700-pound maximum towing capacity
Looking for a little bit more diesel power? Compare the 2021 RAM 1500 vs. Ford F-150 to get a better sense of your options.
2021 Ford F-150 Payload Capacity
As with towing capacity, the 2021 Ford F-150 payload capacity will vary depending on the model you select. Here’s how the numbers break down across each of the three available cabs:
- Ford F-150 Payload (Regular Cab): 1,705 pounds to 3,325 pounds
- Ford F-150 Payload (Supercab): 1,745 pounds to 3,010 pounds
- Ford F-150 Payload (Supercrew®): 1,760 pounds 2,900 pounds
If you’re interested in maximizing your payload capacity, opt for a heavy-duty engine like the available 5.0-liter V8. Since payload capacities are partially determined by the weight of your vehicle — with lighter models capable of handling more additional weight than heavier ones — opting for 4×2 over 4×4 will net you more hauling capability.
2021 F-150 Towing Technology
The Ford F-150’s towing capacity may be impressive, but it’s not just the truck’s strength that commands attention on the road. This pickup also boasts sophisticated technology that helps you drive with total precision. Take a look:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™: This feature keeps your trailer and truck in perfect sync while you backup, so you can navigate with confidence.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist With Line-of-Sight Guidance: No need to worry about misaligning your hitch to the receiver. The line-of-sight guidance makes tasks easier and quicker.
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: This feature ensures that you maintain control over your trailer and truck, adjusting the braking automatically for more precise movements.
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen: This large and brilliant display provides all the up-to-date information you need on the go, so you don’t miss a beat on the road.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) With Trailer Coverage: Acting as a virtual copilot, this technology keeps an eye on your blind spot to keep you safer while merging and changing lanes.
Wondering what comes next? Check out the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning configurations to find out what the first all-electric F-150 will be offering.
Towing Tips for the Road
The 2021 F-150’s towing capacity takes care of the heavy lifting, but the right driving habits will make your journey smoother than ever:
- Double-check the air pressure on your truck and trailer tires.
- Secure all the items that you are towing.
- Leave extra distance between you and any surrounding traffic, since your braking time will be slower.
- Be extra mindful of your surroundings when merging or changing lanes. Take advantage of technology like BLIS® and other driver-assistance features!
Find Your Next Truck With Badger Truck & Auto Group
You know that the 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity is sufficient for your needs, but how will you actually feel behind the wheel? Only a test drive can answer that question! Contact Badger Truck & Auto Group today for more information about our lineup.
More About Ford Vehicles
The 2022 Ford Super Duty receives an updated interior, but all of its towing and payload capacities remain unchanged from 2021. So, what is the 2022 Ford Super Duty towing capacity? It depends on whether you choose the F-250, the F-350, the F-450; however, an F-450 with a V8 diesel engine, a 4×2 drivetrain, and…
If you’re on the hunt for a medium duty truck that can run roughshod over challenges on the job site, you’re definitely going to want to consider the 2022 Ford F-650 specs! If you have any questions after reviewing the F-650 engine options and weight ratings we’ve laid out below, don’t hesitate to reach out…
The all-new Ford F-150 Lightning just might be the single most exciting electric vehicle that’s ever been released, and it isn’t at all difficult to see why. The 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning configurations deliver impressive capabilities and high-end features, all while powering your Chicago and drives with a zero-emissions powertrain that can even serve…
The new Ford F-450 Super Duty remains one of the strongest heavy-duty pickup trucks available today, and the new Ford F-450 Chassis Cab is a force to be reckoned with in its own right! We’ve covered the 2021 Ford F-450 specs in detail, so you can choose the perfect model for your Chicago and …
You can equip your Ford F-150 with a truck bed of 5.5 feet, 6.5 feet, or 8 feet in length; however, the range of available 2021 F-150 bed sizes will vary depending on the cabin that you select. We’ve covered the available bed sizes for each Ford F-150 configuration below, so you can choose the…
The latest Ford Transit Connect just might be your cargo or passenger transport solution, but what can you expect from the 2021 Ford Transit Connect Interior? All configurations — including both Cargo Van builds as well as the Passenger Wagon body style — offer a wide range of useful, dependable interior features. What’s more, with…
If you’re gearing up to conquer life’s most difficult challenges, you’re definitely going to take a closer look at the Ford Super Duty. After all, this model is a perennial hit with local drivers year after year! Better still, the 2021 Ford Super Duty’s towing capacity tops out at a staggering 37,000 pounds. In the…
The 2021 Ford F-550 specs have made this model one of the standout options in the market for Chassis Cab trucks — but would you really expect anything less from a Ford? Whether you’re interested in hauling, towing, or taking on some other challenge, you’ll love what this model can do. Take a closer look…
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E is an all-electric SUV unlike any other. And, when you take the time to configure a unique model and choose the perfect 2021 Mustang Mach-E colors, you’ll bring home an efficient, high-performance vehicle that’s 100% your own. We’ve laid out everything you need to know about the paint colors and…
The 2021 Ford Bronco price list starts at just $28,500 MSRP,* and that means this off-road-ready SUV is ready to go head-to-head with rivals like the Wrangler. Once you’ve had a chance to explore the full range of 2021 Ford Bronco trim levels, you’ll see that it’s not just accessible. It’s also well-equipped, full-to-bursting with…