What is the 2021 Ford F-150’s Towing Capacity?
Ford trucks have been popular among Chicago-area drivers for generations — and with good reason. They are durable, powerful, and resilient, but will your choice have enough power to conquer to-dos at home or on the job site? What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150, anyway? It’s no secret: The 2021 Ford F-150’s towing capacity tops out at 14,000 pounds, when properly equipped! No matter where your work or your adventures take you, you’ll be glad to have the F-150 at your side.
2021 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
No matter your driving preferences for the Green Bay roads, Ford has terrific performance options across the six different powertrain configurations available — including both gas and diesel. Compare the Ford F-150 towing capacity across the entire range below:
3.3L Ti-VCT V6
- 290 hp / 265 lb-ft of torque
- 8,200-pound maximum towing capacity
2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 325 hp / 400 lb-ft of torque
- 10,000-pound maximum towing capacity
5.0L Ti-VCT V8
- 400 hp / 410 lb-ft of torque
- 13,000-pound maximum towing capacity
3.0L Power Stroke® V6 Diesel Engine
- 250 hp / 440 lb-ft of torque
- 12,100-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- 400 hp / 500 lb-ft of torque
- 14,000-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L PowerBoost™ Full Hybrid V6
- 430 hp / 570 lb-ft of torque
- 12,700-pound maximum towing capacity
Looking for a little bit more diesel power? Compare the 2021 RAM 1500 vs. Ford F-150 to get a better sense of your options.
2021 Ford F-150 Payload Capacity
As with towing capacity, the 2021 Ford F-150 payload capacity will vary depending on the model you select. Here’s how the numbers break down across each of the three available cabs:
- Ford F-150 Payload (Regular Cab): 1,705 pounds to 3,325 pounds
- Ford F-150 Payload (Supercab): 1,745 pounds to 3,010 pounds
- Ford F-150 Payload (Supercrew®): 1,760 pounds 2,900 pounds
If you’re interested in maximizing your payload capacity, opt for a heavy-duty engine like the available 5.0-liter V8. Since payload capacities are partially determined by the weight of your vehicle — with lighter models capable of handling more additional weight than heavier ones — opting for 4×2 over 4×4 will net you more hauling capability.
2021 F-150 Towing Technology
The Ford F-150’s towing capacity may be impressive, but it’s not just the truck’s strength that commands attention on the road. This pickup also boasts sophisticated technology that helps you drive with total precision. Take a look:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™: This feature keeps your trailer and truck in perfect sync while you backup, so you can navigate with confidence.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist With Line-of-Sight Guidance: No need to worry about misaligning your hitch to the receiver. The line-of-sight guidance makes tasks easier and quicker.
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: This feature ensures that you maintain control over your trailer and truck, adjusting the braking automatically for more precise movements.
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen: This large and brilliant display provides all the up-to-date information you need on the go, so you don’t miss a beat on the road.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) With Trailer Coverage: Acting as a virtual copilot, this technology keeps an eye on your blind spot to keep you safer while merging and changing lanes.
Towing Tips for the Road
The 2021 F-150’s towing capacity takes care of the heavy lifting, but the right driving habits will make your journey smoother than ever:
- Double-check the air pressure on your truck and trailer tires.
- Secure all the items that you are towing.
- Leave extra distance between you and any surrounding traffic, since your braking time will be slower.
- Be extra mindful of your surroundings when merging or changing lanes. Take advantage of technology like BLIS® and other driver-assistance features!
Find Your Next Truck With Badger Truck & Auto Group
You know that the 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity is sufficient for your needs, but how will you actually feel behind the wheel? Only a test drive can answer that question! Contact Badger Truck & Auto Group today for more information about our lineup.
More About Ford Vehicles
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E is an all-electric SUV unlike any other. And, when you take the time to configure a unique model and choose the perfect 2021 Mustang Mach-E colors, you’ll bring home an efficient, high-performance vehicle that’s 100% your own. We’ve laid out everything you need to know about the paint colors and…
The 2021 Ford Bronco price list starts at just $28,500 MSRP,* and that means this off-road-ready SUV is ready to go head-to-head with rivals like the Wrangler. Once you’ve had a chance to explore the full range of 2021 Ford Bronco trim levels, you’ll see that it’s not just accessible. It’s also well-equipped, full-to-bursting with…
Ford trucks have been popular among Chicago-area drivers for generations — and with good reason. They are durable, powerful, and resilient, but will your choice have enough power to conquer to-dos at home or on the job site? What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150, anyway? It’s no secret: The 2021 Ford F-150’s…
The 2021 Ford Bronco’s towing capacity always tops out at 3,500 pounds, no matter which of its two engines you select to fuel your Green Bay adventures. If you’d like to experience this model’s towing capabilities for yourself, you’ll need to opt for the Ford Bronco tow package — the Class II Trailer Tow Package —…
The upcoming release of the all-electric Ford Transit has Chicago-area drivers on the edges of their seats, and we don’t have any trouble seeing why. After all, reducing fuel consumption and reducing required scheduled maintenance can do wonders for any business’s bottom line, and the 2022 Ford Transit electric van has been designed to do…
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E has already captured the attention of the Chicago area’s most daring drivers. Still, even those who’ve studied its all-electric powertrain will want to know what’s hidden beneath its imposing, sculpted frame! We’ve taken an in-depth look at the 2021 Mustang Mach-E interior, covering features as well as dimensions. Read on,…
Ford F-Series Medium Duty trucks deliver the power and capability that your Chicago-area business needs to take operations to the next level. With one look at the 2021 Ford F-650 specs, you’ll see exactly what we mean! We’ve broken down all of the engine options and weight ratings for the five basic F-650 configurations below,…
The Ford Mustang has come a long way throughout the years. And now, we’re excited to release the Ford Mustang Mach-E SUV. This model is perfect for efficiency-conscious drivers that love the Mustang style and refuse to make the sacrifice on performance. Learn more about the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E trim levels and pricing with…
The 2021 Ford Bronco colors are sure to please drivers near Chicago and Milwaukee. We are thrilled to see this Ford classic back on the road, and if you’re just as excited as we are, you’ll want to check out the complete list of Bronco colors today! We’ve broken down all your options by trim…
The 2021 Ford Bronco is a performance-focused, off-road-ready SUV. With a removable roof and removable doors, there’s no way around the fact that this 4×4 adventurer is oriented toward the outside. However, we’d be remiss if we didn’t point out that its cabin has plenty to offer, too! Take an in-depth look at the 2021…