2021 Ford Super Duty Towing Capacity
If you’re gearing up to conquer life’s most difficult challenges, you’re definitely going to take a closer look at the Ford Super Duty. After all, this model is a perennial hit with local drivers year after year! Better still, the 2021 Ford Super Duty’s towing capacity tops out at a staggering 37,000 pounds. In the right configuration, it can handle a payload of up to 7,850 pounds, too! With three potent gas and diesel engine options to choose from, nothing will be able to hold you back.
2021 Ford Super Duty Towing Capacity by Model
Before you select the perfect model from our new Ford inventory, you need to be aware of what kind of power is available to you. Although precise capacities will vary from model to model, we’ve highlighted the maximum 2021 Ford Super Duty towing capacity for each model and engine option below:
- With 6.2L V8: Up to 15,000 pounds (Conventional) or up to 15,800 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 6.7 Diesel V8: Up to 20,000 pounds (Conventional) or up to 22,800 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 7.3L V8: Up to 15,000 pounds (Conventional) or up to 19,500 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 6.2L V8: Up to 16,700 pounds (Conventional or Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 6.7 Diesel V8: Up to 21,200 pounds (Conventional) or up to 35,750 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 7.3L V8: Up to 21,000 pounds (Conventional) or up to 21,200 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 6.7 Diesel V8: Up to 24,200 pounds (Conventional) or up to 37,000 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
2021 Super Duty Payload Ratings by Model
The Ford Super Duty payload limit is dependent on the weight rating of your vehicle, and it’s determined by a wide range of factors. Here’s the maximum for each of the available models:
- Ford F-250 Payload Limit: Up to 4,260 pounds
- Ford F-350 Payload Limit: Up to 7,850 pounds
- Ford F-450 Payload Limit: Up to 6,210 pounds
Precise limits will vary depending on the type of cab, box, and drivetrain you select for your Chicago and adventures, but you’ll also need to choose between SRW and DRW. In general, the models with the strongest foundation and the lightest total weight do the best where payload is concerned.
2021 Super Duty Engines: Which Setup is Right for You?
- 6.2L SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8: 385 horsepower / 430 lb-ft of torque
- 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel: 475 horsepower / 1050 lb-ft of torque
- 7.3L 2V DEVCT NA PFI V8: 430 horsepower / 475 lb-ft lb-ft of torque
Which Ford Super Duty engines are available with your chosen model? The F-250 and the F-350 are available with any of the engine options listed above, but each comes standard with the 6.2L V8. You really can’t go wrong with the diesel engine, but with two compelling gas options, you’ll want to consider every angle.
The F-450 comes standard with the V8 turbo diesel engine — and it’s the only engine available on this model. Rest assured, it’s more than sufficient for your needs on job sites.
Experience the Power of the 2021 Super Duty With Our Team!
As impressive as the 2021 Ford Super Duty towing capacity is on paper, we’re sure you’ll find even more to love when you see this powerful pickup in person. Contact us today to make an appointment or move forward with a new Super Duty truck that you love.
More About Ford Models
The 2022 Ford Super Duty receives an updated interior, but all of its towing and payload capacities remain unchanged from 2021. So, what is the 2022 Ford Super Duty towing capacity? It depends on whether you choose the F-250, the F-350, the F-450; however, an F-450 with a V8 diesel engine, a 4×2 drivetrain, and…
If you’re on the hunt for a medium duty truck that can run roughshod over challenges on the job site, you’re definitely going to want to consider the 2022 Ford F-650 specs! If you have any questions after reviewing the F-650 engine options and weight ratings we’ve laid out below, don’t hesitate to reach out…
The all-new Ford F-150 Lightning just might be the single most exciting electric vehicle that’s ever been released, and it isn’t at all difficult to see why. The 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning configurations deliver impressive capabilities and high-end features, all while powering your Chicago and drives with a zero-emissions powertrain that can even serve…
The new Ford F-450 Super Duty remains one of the strongest heavy-duty pickup trucks available today, and the new Ford F-450 Chassis Cab is a force to be reckoned with in its own right! We’ve covered the 2021 Ford F-450 specs in detail, so you can choose the perfect model for your Chicago and …
You can equip your Ford F-150 with a truck bed of 5.5 feet, 6.5 feet, or 8 feet in length; however, the range of available 2021 F-150 bed sizes will vary depending on the cabin that you select. We’ve covered the available bed sizes for each Ford F-150 configuration below, so you can choose the…