2021 Ford Super Duty Towing Capacity
If you’re gearing up to conquer life’s most difficult challenges, you’re definitely going to take a closer look at the Ford Super Duty. After all, this model is a perennial hit with local drivers year after year! Better still, the 2021 Ford Super Duty’s towing capacity tops out at a staggering 37,000 pounds. In the right configuration, it can handle a payload of up to 7,850 pounds, too! With three potent gas and diesel engine options to choose from, nothing will be able to hold you back.
2021 Ford Super Duty Towing Capacity by Model
Before you select the perfect model from our new Ford inventory, you need to be aware of what kind of power is available to you. Although precise capacities will vary from model to model, we’ve highlighted the maximum 2021 Ford Super Duty towing capacity for each model and engine option below:
- With 6.2L V8: Up to 15,000 pounds (Conventional) or up to 15,800 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 6.7 Diesel V8: Up to 20,000 pounds (Conventional) or up to 22,800 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 7.3L V8: Up to 15,000 pounds (Conventional) or up to 19,500 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 6.2L V8: Up to 16,700 pounds (Conventional or Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 6.7 Diesel V8: Up to 21,200 pounds (Conventional) or up to 35,750 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 7.3L V8: Up to 21,000 pounds (Conventional) or up to 21,200 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- With 6.7 Diesel V8: Up to 24,200 pounds (Conventional) or up to 37,000 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
2021 Super Duty Payload Ratings by Model
The Ford Super Duty payload limit is dependent on the weight rating of your vehicle, and it’s determined by a wide range of factors. Here’s the maximum for each of the available models:
- Ford F-250 Payload Limit: Up to 4,260 pounds
- Ford F-350 Payload Limit: Up to 7,850 pounds
- Ford F-450 Payload Limit: Up to 6,210 pounds
Precise limits will vary depending on the type of cab, box, and drivetrain you select for your Chicago and Madison adventures, but you’ll also need to choose between SRW and DRW. In general, the models with the strongest foundation and the lightest total weight do the best where payload is concerned.
2021 Super Duty Engines: Which Setup is Right for You?
- 6.2L SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8: 385 horsepower / 430 lb-ft of torque
- 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel: 475 horsepower / 1050 lb-ft of torque
- 7.3L 2V DEVCT NA PFI V8: 430 horsepower / 475 lb-ft lb-ft of torque
Which Ford Super Duty engines are available with your chosen model? The F-250 and the F-350 are available with any of the engine options listed above, but each comes standard with the 6.2L V8. You really can’t go wrong with the diesel engine, but with two compelling gas options, you’ll want to consider every angle.
The F-450 comes standard with the V8 turbo diesel engine — and it’s the only engine available on this model. Rest assured, it’s more than sufficient for your needs on Green Bay job sites.
Experience the Power of the 2021 Super Duty With Our Team!
As impressive as the 2021 Ford Super Duty towing capacity is on paper, we’re sure you’ll find even more to love when you see this powerful pickup in person. Contact us today to make an appointment or move forward with a new Super Duty truck that you love.
More About Ford Models
The latest Ford Transit Connect just might be your cargo or passenger transport solution, but what can you expect from the 2021 Ford Transit Connect Interior? All configurations — including both Cargo Van builds as well as the Passenger Wagon body style — offer a wide range of useful, dependable interior features. What’s more, with…
If you’re gearing up to conquer life’s most difficult challenges, you’re definitely going to take a closer look at the Ford Super Duty. After all, this model is a perennial hit with local drivers year after year! Better still, the 2021 Ford Super Duty’s towing capacity tops out at a staggering 37,000 pounds. In the…
The 2021 Ford F-550 specs have made this model one of the standout options in the market for Chassis Cab trucks — but would you really expect anything less from a Ford? Whether you’re interested in hauling, towing, or taking on some other challenge, you’ll love what this model can do. Take a closer look…
The 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E is an all-electric SUV unlike any other. And, when you take the time to configure a unique model and choose the perfect 2021 Mustang Mach-E colors, you’ll bring home an efficient, high-performance vehicle that’s 100% your own. We’ve laid out everything you need to know about the paint colors and…
The 2021 Ford Bronco price list starts at just $28,500 MSRP,* and that means this off-road-ready SUV is ready to go head-to-head with rivals like the Wrangler. Once you’ve had a chance to explore the full range of 2021 Ford Bronco trim levels, you’ll see that it’s not just accessible. It’s also well-equipped, full-to-bursting with…