2022 Ford Super Duty Towing Capacity
The 2022 Ford Super Duty receives an updated interior, but all of its towing and payload capacities remain unchanged from 2021. So, what is the 2022 Ford Super Duty towing capacity? It depends on whether you choose the F-250, the F-350, the F-450; however, an F-450 with a V8 diesel engine, a 4×2 drivetrain, and a regular cab can tow up to 37,000 pounds with a gooseneck trailer. Explore specs for the rest of the lineup to find the model that’s right for you.
How Much Can the Ford Super Duty Tow?
Some things almost never change. The 2022 Ford Super Duty towing capacities continue to lead the class. Compare specs by model and engine below:
2022 F-250 Towing Capacity
- F-250 w/ 6.2L Gas V8: Up to 15,000 pounds (Conventional), or up to 15,800 pounds (Gooseneck/5th-Wheel)
- F-250 w/ 6.7L Diesel V8: Up to 20,000 pounds (Conventional), or up to 22,800 (Gooseneck/5th-Wheel)
- F-250 w/ 7.3L Gas V8: Up to 15,000 pounds (Conventional) or up to 19,500 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
2022 F-350 Towing Capacity
- F-350 w/ 6.2L Gas V8: Up to 16,700 pounds (Conventional or Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- F-350 w/ 6.7L Diesel V8: Up to 21,200 pounds (Conventional), or up to 35,750 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
- F-350 w/ 7.3L Gas V8: Up to 21,000 pounds (Conventional), or up to 21,200 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
2022 F-450 Towing Capacity
- F-450 w/ 6.7 Diesel V8: Up to 24,200 pounds (Conventional) or up to 37,000 pounds (Gooseneck/5th Wheel)
The 2022 F-350 towing capacities and the 2022 F-450 towing capacities are higher than the capacities of the F-250, but the entry-level Super Duty model is certainly no slouch. If you have any questions about how to hook up or load your trailer at home in Waukesha, we’re happy to help! Contact us today.
2022 Ford Super Duty Payload Capacity
Even though all of these Super Duty trucks offer impressive towing capabilities, you just might spend more time loading up your bed with cargo. Although the 2022 Ford F-250 payload capacity is slightly lower than what you’d get with either the F-350 or the F-450, any truck can be a fantastic choice:
- Ford F-250 Payload Capacity: Up to 4,260 pounds
- Ford F-350 Payload Capacity: Up to 7,850 pounds (Class-leading)
- Ford F-450 Payload Capacity: Up to 6,210 pounds
2022 Ford Super Duty Engines: Horsepower & Torque
By now, you should know which Ford Super Duty truck has the capability you need—but it never hurts to cover all your bases. Compare the 2022 Ford Super Duty engines before you drive one of these trucks home to Chicago or Madison:
- 6.2L SOHC 2-valve Flex Fuel V8: 385 horsepower and 430 lb-ft of torque
- 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel: 475 horsepower and 1050 lb-ft of torque
- 7.3L 2V DEVCT NA PFI V8: 430 horsepower and 475 lb-ft lb-ft of torque
Although the F-250 and the F-350 are available with any of the options listed above, the F-450 is only offered with the Power Stroke® V8.
Find the Perfect Ford Super Duty Truck with Our Team!
No matter which Ford Super Duty pickup you settle on, you’ll be glad that you started your adventure with the knowledgeable team at Badger Truck & Auto Group. Take advantage of our new vehicle specials and schedule a test drive today!
More About Ford Models
The 2022 Ford F-450 features more standard features, a more impressive touchscreen interface, wireless smartphone connectivity, and much more—but what can you expect from the 2022 Ford F-450 specs? For the new model year, the F-450 sees only minor changes to its engine lineup and output. If you’re looking for a truck that can go…
The 2022 Ford Super Duty receives an updated interior, but all of its towing and payload capacities remain unchanged from 2021. So, what is the 2022 Ford Super Duty towing capacity? It depends on whether you choose the F-250, the F-350, the F-450; however, an F-450 with a V8 diesel engine, a 4×2 drivetrain, and…
If you’re on the hunt for a medium duty truck that can run roughshod over challenges on the job site, you’re definitely going to want to consider the 2022 Ford F-650 specs! If you have any questions after reviewing the F-650 engine options and weight ratings we’ve laid out below, don’t hesitate to reach out…
The all-new Ford F-150 Lightning just might be the single most exciting electric vehicle that’s ever been released, and it isn’t at all difficult to see why. The 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning configurations deliver impressive capabilities and high-end features, all while powering your Chicago and Madison drives with a zero-emissions powertrain that can even serve…
The new Ford F-450 Super Duty remains one of the strongest heavy-duty pickup trucks available today, and the new Ford F-450 Chassis Cab is a force to be reckoned with in its own right! We’ve covered the 2021 Ford F-450 specs in detail, so you can choose the perfect model for your Chicago and Madison…