2022 Ford Transit Electric Specs: What We Know So Far
The upcoming release of the all-electric Ford Transit has Chicago-area drivers on the edges of their seats, and we don’t have any trouble seeing why. After all, reducing fuel consumption and reducing required scheduled maintenance can do wonders for any business’s bottom line, and the 2022 Ford Transit electric van has been designed to do both. Like our neighbors, we’re still waiting on the final Ford Transit Electric specs. Even so, we want you to know what we do so far about the Transit Electric!
What Should You Know About the All-Electric Ford Transit?
The current Ford Transit already has something for just about everyone, but we expect the new Ford Transit Electric to bring even more to the roads near Madison and Green Bay. Here’s what we’re most looking forward to:
- Height and Length: While precise Ford Transit Electric specs are still unknown, we do know that this model will be offered with three different roof heights and three body lengths. For a better idea of what to expect, explore the 2020 Ford Transit interior dimensions in depth.
- Cargo Area Dimensions: Dimensions will vary depending on the configuration you select, but Ford has promised a “seamlessly integrated battery that results in uncompromised cargo space.” That’s more than many other electric vehicles can say.
- Configurations: The Ford Transit Electric will be offered as a cargo van, a cutaway, and a chassis cab. Additional configurations may be revealed as the all-electric Ford Transit release date draws closer.
- Advanced Technology: Every all-electric Ford Transit will be compatible with the latest Ford Telematics™. Additionally, the Transit Electric will come standard with Pre-Collision Assist, Automatic Emergency Braking, Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning, Post-Collision Braking, auto high-beam headlamps, and a Lane Keeping System.
- Transit vs. Transit Connect: We still don’t know if Ford will produce an all-electric version of the smaller Transit Connect, but we’ll be among the first to cover the Ford Transit Connect electric specs if and when they appear.
What Makes the All-Electric Ford Transit So Exciting?
It’s not every day that a new commercial vehicle generates this much buzz. That’s doubly true in a situation like this one, where the Ford Transit Electric specs are still unknown! Here’s why drivers in greater Milwaukee can’t wait to learn more:
- The Ford charging network is the single largest public charging network in North America*, with more than 13,500 charging stations at the time of this writing.
- The Ford Transit Electric will offer zero carbon dioxide emissions, but a cleaner conscience isn’t the only benefit of driving an EV. Less time and money spent on fuel means more time on the road and more money for new investments, and EVs tend to cost less to maintain than gas and diesel-powered alternatives.
- Drivers who choose the electric Transit from Ford will also have access to extraordinary dealership support, a vast network for parts and services, and uniquely convenient upfitting.
Keep Up With Our Blog for the Latest Ford Transit Electric Specs!
More About Ford Models
Ford trucks have been popular among Chicago-area drivers for generations — and with good reason. They are durable, powerful, and resilient, but will your choice have enough power to conquer to-dos at home or on the job site? What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150, anyway? It’s no secret: The 2021 Ford F-150’s…
The 2021 Ford Bronco’s towing capacity always tops out at 3,500 pounds, no matter which of its two engines you select to fuel your Green Bay adventures. If you’d like to experience this model’s towing capabilities for yourself, you’ll need to opt for the Ford Bronco tow package — the Class II Trailer Tow Package —…
The upcoming release of the all-electric Ford Transit has Chicago-area drivers on the edges of their seats, and we don’t have any trouble seeing why. After all, reducing fuel consumption and reducing required scheduled maintenance can do wonders for any business’s bottom line, and the 2022 Ford Transit electric van has been designed to do…