2019 Ford F-450 vs. 2019 Ford F-550
If you’re in need a serious heavy-duty truck for work around Madison, you have two solid options in the 2019 Ford F-450 and the 2019 Ford F-550. While both of these Ford trucks deliver on power, performance, and utility, there are differences between the two that you’ll want to know about before deciding which one to purchase. Compare the F-450 vs F-550 below.
Pricing and Configurations
- 2019 Ford F-450: This Ford truck starts at $47,375 MSRP for conventional beds and $38,040 for a chassis cab. There are six options to choose from, including the XL, XLT, LARIAT, King Ranch®, Platinum, and Limited. The Limited model starts at $86,505 MSRP.
- 2019 Ford F-550: The F-550 starts at $39,135 MSRP, but is only offered as a chassis cab. It’s available in three configurations: XL, XLT, and LARIAT.
- 2019 Ford F-450: The F-450 is equipped with a standard 6.7L Power Stroke® V8 turbo diesel engine that’s paired with a Torqshift® heavy-duty six-speed Selectshift™ automatic transmission. It has a 48-gallon fuel tank for plenty of driving near Chicago. It can tow up to a max of 35,000 pounds when properly equipped, and it has a max payload of 7,640 pounds with a conventional bed or up to 12,730 in chassis cab models. When you compare the Ford F-450 vs F-550 towing, you’ll notice that the F-450 offers slightly more when equipped with a conventional bed, but offers the same towing capability in chassis cab models.
- 2019 Ford F-550: The F-550 runs on a standard 6.8L 3-valve SOHC EFI V10 engine paired with a Torqshift® six-speed Selectshift™ automatic transmission. It has a 40-gallon fuel tank, a towing capacity of 31,800 pounds, and a payload of up to 12,730 pounds. When you compare the F-450 vs F-550 payload, you’ll see that they offer similar capabilities when both are chassis cabs.
- 2019 Ford F-450: 40.8 inches of headroom, 66.7 inches of shoulder room, and 43.9 inches of legroom in the front. You can seat five to six passengers.
- 2019 Ford F-550: 40.8 inches of headroom, 66.7 inches of shoulder room, and 43.9 inches of legroom in the front. This truck seats six people as you drive around Green Bay.
2019 Ford F-450 vs F-550: Which Truck Will You Choose?
If you’re looking for more options, then the 2019 F-450 is right for you. If you’d prefer a higher payload and larger engine, choose the Ford F-550. Contact us online or schedule a visit to one of our locations to explore these trucks in person and take them for some test drives.